Quinoa Black Bean Salad is a quick, easy and healthy dish to prepare. This salad has a wonderful taste, nice aroma of garlic, olive oil and lime flavor. The brightness and color of the salad is best for parties. We love the quinoa salad at Costco and was eager to try this salad at home. Basically my husband is a soup and salad lover. I prefer making chickpeas cranberry pomegranate salad or black eyed pea salad or apple salad but wanted to give this a shot for a change and it worked wonders. Quinoa lovers, please refer our quinoa pulao posted earlier. Here's my version of the Costco's quinoa salad...
- Quinoa - 1 cup (soak for 30 mins in water and wash well before use)
- Water - 1 1/2 cups
- Green bell pepper (finely chopped) - 1/2 cup
- Red bell pepper (finely chopped) - 1/2 cup
- Jalapeno (finely chopped) - 1
- Onion (finely chopped) - 1/2 cup
- Black olives - 1/3 cup
- Black beans (I used tin) - 1/2 cup
- Garlic (finely chopped) - 3 cloves
- Lime - 2
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Lime zest - 2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- In a kadai, cook the quinoa with 1 1/2 cups of water. Once quinoa cooked, allow it to rest for sometime and fluff it with a fork. Keep it separately.
- Take a wide mixing bowl - add onions, green & red bell pepper, jalapeno, black olives.
- Drain water from black beans in the tin and wash it several times to remove the preservative smell.
- Then add black beans to the bowl along with cooked quinoa.
- Now start preparing the dressing for the salad in another bowl by adding the ingredients mentioned under " for dressing" one by one. Mix well.
- Add the dressing to the bowl. Toss well with the quinoa.
- Quinoa black bean salad is ready to be served.
- You can replace black bean with chickpeas or black eye peas.
- You can add tomatoes without seeds. Its optional.
- You can add all colors of bell pepper to make it colorful.