Karamani is also called as "thatta payir" or "black eyed peas". Karamani is one of my favorite legume. It is very easy to make this yummy sundal. This legume is available in varieties of colors. It's very good source of fiber and low in cholesterol. Here you go with the healthy sundal recipe :D
- Karamani - 1cup
- Grated coconut - 1/2cup
- Mustard - 1/4tsp
- Urad dhal - 1tsp
- Dry red chillies - 2
- Asafoetida - pinch
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - as needed
- Curry leaves - few
- Soak karamani overnight. Drain water. Pressure cook the karamani with enough water and salt for about 2-3 whistles in medium flame.
- Heat a skillet with oil and temper with the items in the above ingredient table. When it starts to splutter add the cooked karamani and stir for 2 minutes until water evaporates.
- Add grated coconut stir for few seconds in medium flame.
- Now sundal is ready to be served.
- If you forgot to soak the karamani overnight, then soak the sprout for 3-4 hours in hot water.