Christmas is just around the corner and I am already in the freaking holiday spirit. So, in the spirit of holiday season I had this itch to do something creative.I always wanted to try strawberry Santa but its hard to find good strawberries during the Christmas season, well at least in Chicago.This year after long hunt I finally found them and totally enjoyed making these ultra cute,super easy Christmas treats.
It's so much fun, you can involve your kids, I bet they would just love helping you with this. So lets get to the recipe.
- a dozen strawberries
- cake icing/whipped cream
- Cardamom seeds
1. Rinse the strawberries and hull them (i.e cut off the leaf end like shown below)
2. Cut around 1cm from the pointy end of strawberry and save it for Santa hat.
3. Place all your strawberries wide side down ,and pipe out a dollop of whipped cream on them.
4. Now top it with hat,press gently and pipe out a very small dollop of cream on the hat.
5. Lastly place the cardamom seeds for eyes and refrigerate until serving.