Paneer Jalfrezi is a very popular Indian curry in which succulent pieces of Cottage Cheese/Paneer and vegetables are fried in oil and spices to produce a thick sauce.This colourful and nutritious curry is easy ,quick to make and goes well with wraps/rolls - a must try dish for all paneer lovers.
Preparation time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
Onion (cut into long thin strips)
Ginger Garlic paste
Tomato (cut into long thin strips)
Carrot (cut into long thin strips)
|1 big or 2 small|
|Baby corn (halved)|
|Cumin Seeds/Jeera||1 tbsp|
Red Chili powder
Garam Masala powder
Kasuri Methi (crushed)
- Heat oil in a cooking pan, add cumin seeds and wait till it splutters.Add onion slices and sauté them till they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well. Add tomato puree and tomato ketchup and cook until the mixture thickens and oil oozes out.
- Add sliced beans, carrots and baby corn and sauté for 3 mins and add 1/3 cup of water let it cook for 5 mins on medium flame.
- Add capsicum and tomato. Cook for 5 mins and mix once in a while.
- Add paneer pieces and toss the contents gently till the masala binds to the paneer.Finally add the garam masala and lemon juice and mix gently and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with kasuri methi and transfer to the serving dish.
- Serve paneer jalfrezi as a side dish with roti/naan. Perfect for Lunch box.
- Using ghee or oil is purely your choice.
- Keep paneer dunked in warm water until before you cook.
- Don't overcook capsicums to retain their crunchy texture.