Tofu Haters be like - Yikes! Tofu
Me - I know, right? I never liked tofu until I tasted Veggie-Tofu Fry.
Also FYI,tofu is rich in protein & calcium & has a low calorie count.
Tofu Hater - Yeah OK! But it's so bland & boring!!
Me - That's the best part, right? It's like a blank canvas and it happily absorbs whatever flavors you throw at it which makes it palatable.
Tofu Hater - so, how do you make this Tofu Fried rice?
Me - it's very easy & can be done in a jiffy if you have leftover rice handy. Here's how I do it :)
1. cooked rice - 2 cups (I used basmati rice)
2. extra firm tofu - 1 cup (drained & cubed)
3. large onion - 1 (thinly sliced)
4. oil - 3 tsp + 2 tsp
5. salt - to taste
6. green peas - 1/2 cup
7. carrot - 1/4 cup (diced)
Optional veggies : Bell pepper/cabbage/green onion/French Beans-1/4 cup
8. ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
9. soy sauce - 1 tbsp
10. chili sauce - to taste
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a wok/skillet over medium heat. Add tofu and stir gently so that it turns golden brown evenly. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add 3 tsp oil to the wok. Add onions and fry until they become soft. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 3-4 mins.
- Add rest of the veggies and keep stirring for 5-6 mins. Add cooked rice and mix carefully.
- Next add soy sauce,chili sauce,salt.Toss in fried tofu pieces and mix carefully.
- Enjoy it hot with a side dish of your choice.
- If you're using freshly cooked rice, wait till it cools down.
- I cook 1 cup of basmati rice with 1.5 cups of water in a rice cooker.
- You can also add 2 tsp of Schezwan sauce.
- This is Indo-Chinese version of fried rice. It's different from the authentic one
linking this post to:
Merry Monday Linky Party Weekend Recipe Link up Party Snickerdoodle Sunday Serenity Saturday Foodie Friday Monday Funday The Handmade hangout Pinworthy Projects Party Friday Frenzy
Kitchen Fun and crafty friday Wonderful Wednesday Motivation Monday Hearth & Soul Bloghop The Wednesday Round Up Inspire Me Wednesday Moonlight & Mason Jars Link party Twirl n Take a bow Back to school lunch ideas