After a while, we went to our favorite local brunch spot "Butterfield pancake house". Whenever we go out for brunch, I usually order a garden fresh omelette or oven roasted vegetable skillet, but my husband likes sweeter stuff and would order pancakes, waffles or french toasts. For the first time I tried pancakes to see why he likes them so much. I'm not a big fan of pancakes for breakfast or brunch as it's sweet but now I think I should change my mind, as it was awesome. It was soft, had a fluffy texture, spongy and was melting in the mouth like an ice cream. I like pancakes when served with fresh butter, whipped cream and a side of seasonal fruits ;-)
- Maida/All purpose flour - 1cup
- Milk - 1cup
- Brown sugar - 1tbsp
- Oil - 1tsp
- Salt - 1/2tsp
- Baking powder - 1tbsp
- Butter - 2tbsp
- Add maida, milk, brown sugar, oil and baking powder together in a mixing bowl and then whisk it well without any lumps. Keep it aside undisturbed for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a griddle until hot in medium flame. Grease with butter and pour the pancake batter. Do not spread.
- Wait until bubbles pop over the pancake. Then flip it carefully over other side and cook for few minutes in medium flame.
- Once ready transfer hot pancake to the serving plate.
- Repeat the same process for other pancakes too.
- Serve the pancakes with maple syrup and fruits of your choice.
- You can do this pancakes with wheat flour also.
- You can make this pancakes vegan by adding almond milk.
- If using wheat, milk usage will be more than maida.
- You can add fruits like strawberry, blueberry to pancakes.
- You can add cinnamon or vanilla essence to the batter for more flavor.