Want to make something real quick for lunch/dinner. You can make this Indian curry using ingredients readily available in your pantry. Aloo with peas is an awesome combination as a curry which goes well with a variety of rices like lemon, coconut, mor-kuzhambu, sambar, rasam, curd, and even roti. Aloo Mutter is a super easy, filling vegetarian dish which can be made according to your spice level.
I personally love potatoes, cauliflower and peas. Is there anyone in this world who doesn't like potatoes? Wait yes there is one, my husband ;-(. I will soon post a follow-up on how to make "Aloo gobi mutter" curry. Here you go with my favorite recipe.
- Potato - 2
- Peas - 1/4 cup
- Onion (thinly sliced) - 1
- Tomato (finely chopped) - 2
- Ginger (finely chopped) - 1tbsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1tsp
- Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Cilantro (finely chopped)- 2tbsp
- Peel potatoes and then chop into small cubes. Set aside.
- Keep water for boiling and add the cubed potatoes to the boiling water. Allow it to boil for few minutes.
- Meanwhile head a kadai with oil and temper with fennel. Add ginger, fry for few minutes.
- Add onion, fry till transparent. Now add tomato, salt, turmeric and red chilly powder. Mix well. Cook till oil separates.
- Add boiled potatoes and peas to the curry. Mix well. Allow it to cook for 7-10 minutes in medium flame.
- Finally add chopped cilantro and give it a toss.
- Aloo mutter curry is ready to be served hot with any rice or roti.
- Dried peas can also be used in this recipe. But it should be soaked over night and pressure cooked for 4-5 whistles before adding to the curry.
- You can also add ginger garlic paste.
- You can avoid tomato and add squeeze lemon.