Look who is getting calorie-conscious these days!! Fat is the 3 letter word I hate the most, a close second is gym. So when I was browsing
for protein/fiber rich recipes for vegetarians, I came across green gram curry. But I
- 1 cup green gram (wash it twice and pressure cook with salt and water for 4 whistles)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tomatoes (cubed)
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 red chillies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt as required
- coriander leaves (cilantro) for garnishing.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and red chillies. Once they start to crackle add onions and saute till onions turn pink. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2-4 mins.
- Add tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Once tomatoes are well cooked (mushy) and nicely blended with spices, add the pressure cooked green gram then 1-2 cups of water and saute for 5 mins.
- Take it off the flame and garnish with cilantro.
Serve this simple,delicious and healthy dal with rotis or rice.