I have been preparing vegetable hakka noodles for sometime now and even posted it a while ago. I got bored of preparing the same recipe again and again, so I decided to recreate the recipe and spice it up a little. Spicy tofu noodles is simple to make, divine in taste and the kids will love it as well...
- Plain noodles - 2 cups
- Extra firm tofu (drained & cut into cubes) - 1 cup
- Cabbage (juvenile cut) - 1/2 cup
- Carrot ( juvenile cut ) - 1/2 cup
- Capsicum ( juvenile cut ) - 1 cup
- Garlic (finely chopped) - 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- White vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Red chili sauce - 2-3 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Pepper - as needed
- Oil - as needed
- Keep water in a pan and bring it to boiling point, then add little salt, oil and noodles. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Make sure it's not over cooked. Drain water completely and wash it in cold running water, so that the noodles will separate from each other. Add a tsp of oil so the noodles will not stick together until you cook them.
- In a pan add a tsp of oil and add tofu, pan fry it. Cook till golden brown color. Keep aside.
- Heat a wok with oil, add garlic and fry for a second without burning
- Then add all veggies, fry for a half a minute. Now add salt for veggies along with soy sauce, chili sauce, white vinegar and pepper. Give a quick stir.
- Now add noodles, give a quick toss. Lastly add tofu and give a quick toss in high flame. Once done turn off the flame.
- Hot and spicy noodles is now ready to be served with your choice of manchurian or you can have as such.
- You can add spring onion at last. I didn't have it so skipped it.
- Don't over fry the garlic.
- Sesame oil and olive oil works best for this recipe.
- You can use any colored capsicum.