Nowadays vegetable hakka noodles have become usual Indo-Chinese dish at my place. This is one of our all time favorite recipe. Whenever I feel bored to cook, this is the recipe I prefer to make because it's easy, less time consuming and healthy too ;). Its smoky flavor, crispiness and color of veggies that blend with noodles is what I love the most in this dish. Wok also plays a significant role in making hakka noodles. Your kids will love to take this in their lunchbox often. I make this recipe along with any type of Manchurian like vegetable, cauliflower, paneer and tofu. You can use any plain noodles for this recipe. Now here you go with the recipe....
- Plain Noodles ( I used Chow Mein) - 2 cups
- Cabbage - 1/3 cup
- Bell peppers - 1
- Carrot - 1/2 cup
- Spring Onion (finely chop white and green part) - 3-4
- Garlic (finely chopped)- 4-5
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Green chilly sauce - 1 tsp
- Chili vinegar - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - as needed
- Boil 7-8 cups of water. When it starts to boil add salt and oil to it. Cook the noodles, make sure its not over cooked. Drain water and wash the noodles in cold running water for several time to avoid stickiness.
- Heat wok with oil and add garlic fry for a second. Then add white part of the spring onion and fry for a second.
- Now add all the veggies one by one, toss for a minute in high flame. Add salt, pepper powder, soy sauce, green chilli sauce and chilli vinegar, mix well.
- Add the cooked noodles to the mixture and give it a quick stir in high flame. Finally add green part of the spring onion for garnish and switch off the flame.
- Now hot and yummy vegetable hakka noodles is ready to be served with tomato ketchup or Manchurian :).
- Always remember to toss the veggies in high flame for a minute, because it should retain it's crispness while eating.
- Add noodles to the boiling water with a tsp of oil so that they will not stick to one and another.
- Cook the noodles at right consistency, because it's very important for the recipe.
- You can add all colors of bell peppers, beans sprout.
- You can also use olive oil for this recipe.
Linking with parties