Monday, April 28, 2014

Orange Cupcakes

How was your weekend? I had a fun-filled weekend, thanks for asking ;) It was my friend's birthday and I wanted to bake a lovely cake for her. Yeah Yeah just another excuse for me to bake cake. haha. Do you really need an occasion to bake/eat cake? I just get hyper excited and my imaginations run wild when I think of baking a cake. It's so easy to please a girl by cake because there are zillion no. of ways(girly stuff) you can decorate the cake. But it's so tough to impress a guy with a birthday cake. It was my 'much' better half's 30th birthday this year and I wanted to make it special by baking a geeky cake which is the only way to impress him.This is what I baked for his birthday.

Geeky right? :D 

So, I was thrilled to bits to surprise my friend with a lovely birthday cake. Since I was on orange smoothie heaven at that time, I thought why not Orange Cupcakes which has the right amount of citrus flavor, smeared with frosting and a orange wedge on top :D You get the picture? No? Ok see this


Ok enough said. Let me give you the recipe.


Ingredients

2 cups all purpose flour
3 eggs
1 cup of granulated sugar
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 tbsp of oil
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp orange extract

Method

makes about 16 cupcakes




  • Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 350 deg F
  • In a large bowl, add butter & sugar; cream until light and fluffy.
  • Add eggs one at a time,beat well after every addition. Add orange extract and oil.
  • Mix flour,salt and baking powder well. Add this dry mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with orange juice and water.Beat well after every addition.
  • Beat until smooth.Pour batter into cupcake liners 3/4th full.
  • Bake in preheated oven for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
  • Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.Cool completely and frost with your favorite frosting.   




Decorating ideas


I used Betty Crocker whipped vanilla frosting. Smeared it evenly on the top of cupcake.
  • Cut orange into thin wedges and place on top of cupcakes.
  • Or you can sprinkle some orange colored sugar over the frosting.
Linking the post to the below parties

9 comments:

  1. These cupcakes look yummy. Thanks for sharing them at the party! Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look good, and my weekend (this weekend) is fine so far, thank you for asking. Thank you so much for continuing to share your talents on The Yuck Stops Here link party! Hope to see more of your yummy inspiration again soon! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUM!! These orange cupcakes looks awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious orange cupcakes love it, Thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your lovely comments. :) We are glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Florida born husband will love this orange cupcake. Thanks so much for bringing it to foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm liking how you decorated with a piece of orange on top! Thanks for stopping by and sharing this on Five Friday Finds! I'm looking forward to what you share this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it .Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Do you like it? Don't be a silent reader ;) leave a comment

Privacy Policy