Sweet Kuzhi Paniyaram is a popular and traditional recipe of Chettinadu. This is a snack recipe, which can also be served as breakfast or appetizer for dinner. It is a favorite snack among kids, you can give this sweet paniyaram when they return from the school. They will surely love it. In earlier post, I have already posted the masala paniyaram version. The batter is same for this recipe also. This recipe will have excellent taste of jaggery, coconut and cardamom and healthy too. Here you go with the recipe....
- Kuzhi paniyaram batter - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Elachi/ Cardamom - 2 pinch
- Salt - a pinch ( to enhance the flavor of recipe)
- Coconut grated - 2 tbsp
- Water- as needed
- Melt the jaggery with 1cup of water. Once done filter the jaggery little by little to remove the impurities.
- Now take the jaggery syrup in a pan, add elachi and salt, allow it to boil. When it starts to boil add grated coconut, wait for a few seconds and turn off the flame. Keep it aside and allow it to cool down.
- Mix the jaggery mixture to the paniyaram batter.
- Heat the paniyaram pan with a tsp of oil in each holes.
- Now pour the sweet batter to each hole and cook with the lid closed for 1 min in medium flame, until it turns golden brown color.
- Then flip each paniyaram with the help of skewer and wait till the other side also turns golden brown color.
- Now hot sweet kuzhi paniyaram is ready to be served.
- You can have this paniyaram as such, but I prefer having with spicy tomato chutney. It goes well with the combination of sweet and spicy taste :)
- The batter will be thick when you add the jaggery mixture it will get loosen. So be careful while adding, because sometime it will get too watery.