and strawberries are blossoming like red roses"
Strawberry mousse is an easy and delicious dessert which can be made with ingredients in your refrigerator. I made this dessert without using eggs or gelatin. Do you know the best part about this dessert? this doesn't require cooking.
This is a simple and quick recipe for a family get-together or potluck with friends or even a pleasant surprise for your loved one.. anyway it's a treat not to be missed which will make you feel satisfied and refreshing.
You can make this mousse with different fruits like raspberries, blueberries or blackberries. Here you go with the recipe.
- Strawberries - 1 small box (may contain 10-12)
- Sugar - 4tbsp
- Vanilla cookies - 10 (you can use any eggless cookies)
- Chocolate grated - 3 tbsp (for garnish)
- Heavy whipping cream - 2 cups
- Wash strawberries well and take off the leaf part. Then chop the strawberries roughly and throw them into the blender along with a tbsp of sugar. Puree them and keep aside.
- Now start grating chocolate bar and keep aside. In another blender add vanilla cookies and blend them to powder.
- Take a mixing bowl, add heavy whipping cream with a tbsp of sugar. Beat the cream with a help of hand-mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add little strawberry puree to the whipped cream, mix well and reserve rest for later use.
- Now to the serving glass add first layer as vanilla cookies, second layer as strawberry puree and third layer as whipped strawberry mixed cream. Finally garnish with chopped strawberries, grated chocolate and strawberry puree.
- Repeat the process for rest of the glasses. Keep it in refrigerator until served.
- You can add powdered sugar also.
- Adding cookies is optional.
- Add sugar according to the tanginess of the berries.
- Allow it to set for an hour before serving.