Are there any blueberry lovers out there? I personally love blueberries and would pick them up whenever I go to get my groceries. I'm not a fruit eating person and finally found a way to enjoy the fruit which I love without actually eating them ;-)
I decided to make a homemade blueberry syrup. It's very easy to prepare and delicious. You can use this syrup to top your eggless pancake, waffles, homemade lychee ice cream, cakes, eggless french toast, french toast etc.
- Blueberry - 1cup
- Sugar - 1/2cup
- Water - 1/3cup
- Corn flour - 1tsp
- In a sauce pan add blueberry, sugar and water together. Mix well.
- Cook in medium flame and keep mixing continuously until the fruit softens.
- When the fruit starts to soften, mush little of them. Add corn flour and mix.
- After adding corn flour the syrup starts to thicken at that stage switch off the flame.
- Blueberry syrup is ready to be served with pancakes or waffles or plain sponge cake, anything of your choice.
Health benefits of blueberry
- Low in fat. One cup of blueberries are 80 calories.
- It contains dietary fiber.
- Helps in building healthy immune system.
- It has required amount of vitamin C and excellent source of manganese.
- It has high amount of antioxidant.
Check our Blueberry Lemonade