I am so chuffed that you all liked my Veggie-Tofu recipe. As promised, here I am with the recipe for cilantro-lime rice. Usually at restaurants you find it as a side for any Mexican food or used as filler in burritos.
This recipe is a huge hit in our family and there's more than 1 reason why we love it. 1) it's so quick to make 2) it's a flavor bomb.
Serves 2 | Time :20-25 min | You will need
1 cup basmati rice (uncooked)
2 tsp butter/oil
3 tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)
1-2 tsp salt
2 tbsp lime juice
2 cups of water
- Heat a pan (the one with lid) add butter/oil on medium heat.
- Add rinsed rice, stir lightly until the rice gets coated with butter.
- Add salt,1 tbsp lime juice & 2 cups of water. Cover & cook for 15-20 min
- Once the rice is cooked turn off the flame and keep it covered for 5-10 min.
- Add cilantro & 1tbsp lime juice to the rice and toss/fluff the rice until completely mixed.
- Serve hot. I usually pair it with black beans, Tofu fry, or any spicy Indian gravy.
You might also like to read : How to store Cilantro?
Inspire me tuesday Life created tuesdays Recipe Sharing Monday Hearth and Soul Blog Hop Wonderful Wednesday