Hello folks! It's been quite some time since we posted an interesting tip. Thanks to all you awesome people out there who wrote back that the cilantro storage worked wonders for you just like it did for me. I was recently into re-organizing and that obviously included re-using of old containers for storage. That was when I realized how frustrating it can be when you try to remove the labels/stickers from containers and get your finger nails all chipped.
And then comes the next headache – price stickers! I don’t understand why few price stickers are hard glued, that it's next to impossible to remove them. I seriously doubt if it is any form of advertising that the companies has taken up so we don’t remove the stickers and market the price everywhere we take the product. Clueless!
But here is a quick solution for removing any stickers in few seconds with absolutely no scope for frustration.
All you need is a hair dryer!
- Aim your hair dryer at the sticker you may want to remove and blow hot air to it for about 30 seconds.
- Try peeling from a corner of the sticker. If it doesn’t peel off, blow hot air for another 30 seconds and try again.
- You should now be able to peel off the sticker completely.
You can now have sticker free products! Reuse any old containers for storage and also you need not worry about carrying along with you the price stickers of snack box, lunchbox, water bottles etc.
1. On further browsing, I came to know that this method can be used to peel off the bumper stickers as well. I have not personally tried it, though.
2. I went all crazy and removed the stickers from whatever products I could come across.That was when I found out that if you blow very hot air very close to a 'not so good' quality plastic container for a long time,it might actually damage the container. One of my container has a dent in one corner as a result of this. Damage is really minimal but I think I should mention it.So make sure you blow the hot air not too close to the container and not more than 30 seconds initially. If it doesn’t come off, you can always do the next 30 seconds.
Linking this post to: How to Tuesday