I am heading to India in few days for a solid 1 month vacation. I'll be visiting my family, friends, favorite restaurants. Ah, I literally cannot wait!
I just finished emptying my pantry, since I am gonna be away from kitchen for 1 month. Whoa! I must say it was quite a purge challenge, using up all the odds and ends from pantry & freezer and reinventing a menu out of that. It's so satisfying to know that I din't waste anything and used it up pretty well before everything got expired. One such thing among which needed to be used soon was a half jar of peanut butter.There was no second thought, I knew I am gonna bake my favorite peanut butter cookie. But this time I planned to take that classic peanut butter cookie up a notch by adding guess what? Snickers .. YES! No prizes for guessing that ;)
Oh BTW Snickers is not from my purge party, its from my regular candy jar which never goes out of stock. :D
Snickers Peanut butter cookie - I love peanut butter...I love Snickers...I love the combo too- downright sinful !! turned out so perfect- crispy around the edges, gooey here n there and yumm yumm all over ! The aroma of peanut butter and caramel lingered throughout my house. This melt-in-mouth yummy treat is perfect when accompanied with a glass of milk. Oh and before I forget , you can tailor this recipe to your liking! You can add your favorite candy instead of snickers (just don't call it snickers cookie anymore), Sugar can be subbed with honey, peanut butter with almond butter/Nutella/cashew butter. You can omit flour and still have a decadent flour-less cookie. If you try any of these, just don't forget to invite me over,ok? :D
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Snickers - as much as you want ;)
- Cream butter, peanut butter and both sugars together. Add egg,vanilla& salt.Mix well.
- Slowly add flour and baking soda and stir until everything comes together.Chill the dough for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile cut the snickers into small chunks. Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Place a tbsp of dough on a cookie sheet and gently press the dough by placing the snicker chunks.
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until the edges are slightly brown.Let cool completely and remove from cookie sheet.Enjoy with a glass of milk!
This recipes makes around 25 cookies
- If you are making it in batches,make sure your dough is cold at all times.Else it will fall flat.
- Don't let the snickers touch the bottom of dough. You don't want it to melt and get all messy.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Linking this post to