Thursday, May 8, 2014

Jewelry Holder

When was the last time you went to your local ‘Dollar store’? Are you not a fan of ‘Dollar store’?  C’mon, you got to be kidding me! You pick any product and it cost you just a $1 ! What more do you need ! Hm, I admit I have always had doubts on the quality of the product!  You know, we tend to complain when the price of the product is too high; and doubt when it is too less!! I totally get it ! But believe me, if you love to craft, you would love ‘Dollar Store! I would say, it is one of the many places where inspirations are born.

There have been many times when I would go to ‘Dollar store’ for no specific reason at all. But as I walk around the aisles, I get lost amidst all the cute things lying around which would then wake the creative devil in me. All the 'pins' I would have pinned on Pinterest, all the DIY videos I would have watched on YouTube flash in a moment and finally I will end up with a bag of purchase which I will never have regrets for!


 My last purchase included these :



And I made this....






Things you would need:

2 Bowls, 2 wine glasses and some Fillers.

I got them all in plastic considering my history with glasses ( I know, I am a total klutz!). But yea, you can get whatever you are comfortable with.And I got a set of 4 plastic wine glasses for $1 which is so cool. I seriously have no idea what those fillers are called, maybe marbles? Some decorative I found in Dollar store and thought it might be of help later which I am glad it did for this project.That is all ! 

And hey, wait, a hot glue gun or any strong glue like E6000 is a must-have !

The Making:

Have you ever played building blocks ? It is that simple and straight forward!

 

1. Glue one of the wine glass to the center of the bowl.


2. Fill the glass with the marbles or any decorative of your choice.



3. Glue the other glass upside down so it looks like this


4. Finally, glue the center of the bowl to the base of the wine glass.


5. Allow it to dry for couple of hours and tada.. your jewelry holder is ready ! 



I can hear you wonder if the glue will be strong enough to hold these together.So here is the test -


Tips :

1.It can hold your frequently used earrings, bracelets, rings etc.

2.You can even use it to hold your nail polishes. The weight your holder can hold depends on the quality of the bowl and glass.

3. Make sure you glue the glasses to the center of the bowls. 

You may also be interested 

Earrings-holder using Photo frame
Desk-organizer Using Tissue Rolls

Linking this post with
fabulously-frugal-thursday-linky-party |Thrifty-thursday-week-59|inspiration-monday_11| Monday Funday 68|mix-it-up-monday_11|a-round-tuit-205|diy-monster-treats-and-crafts|whatd-you-do-this-weekend-66|a-happy-mothers-day-craftastic-monday|much-ado-about-monday-no59|tuesdays-table-for-may-13|totally-talented-tuesdays-12|live-show-me-what-you-got-linky-party_12|share-it-link-party-114|anti-procrastination-tuesday_12|tutorial-tuesday_13|create-link-inspire-23|tuesday-talent-show-128|two-cup-tuesday-no71|treasure-box-tuesday-19|share-your-stuff-tuesdays-47|whats-cookin-wednesday-68|wined-down-wednesday-35|wonderfully-creative-wednesdays-20|wednesday-whatsits-107|wow-me-wednesday-154|whatever-goes-wednesday-222|your-whims-wednesday-162|flusters-creativemuster-linky-part-71|wonderful-wednesday-blog-hop-73|pin-thursday-36|doggone-dirty-craftin-linky-party_15|catch-glimpse-party-182|weekend-potluck-118|foodie-friday-may-16th|friday-link-party-67|old-books-show-and-tell-friday

3 comments:

  1. I really really love this one, its very trendy and not so hard to do though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Thanks for sharing @DearCreatives party! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea for my granddgt bathroom cause she is a clumsy also

    ReplyDelete

Do you like it? Don't be a silent reader ;) leave a comment

Privacy Policy