Egg-less Plum Cake In India, we call the Christmas cake as plum cake which doesn't have any form of plum in it. I wonder why they call it as plum cake!! So this cake is not the Christmas plum cake, this cake has actual plum in it..
H came home grinning with a box of plums saying he finally found the fruit that he likes.. I'm not really a big fan of plum, but managed to eat 3 and H ate 2 or 3. I'm sure he ate just 2 but he says 3..
We were easily bored of eating it raw, thought of cooking it into something which doesn't taste like raw plum..
While lying on couch with iPad, quickly googled for 'plum recipes'.
Plum jelly, plum butter, plum preserve/jam? Nahh.. I certainly din't want it to last for whole year!!
so, Cake?? yessss.. b'cos at home, cake gets decimated in no time!!
Oh how I love the wafting smell of cardamom around the house..
I chose cardamom because I love it, you can use the spice of your choice..
This cake is tea/coffee cake kinda cake.. perfect for evening snack..
bursts with the flavor of cardamom, gooey plum pieces in between the tender tender crumbs..
- 1 cup all purpose flour/maida
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 plums(chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3rd cup oil/melted butter
Preheat the oven to 350F/170C
Grease the cake pan with baking spray/oil/butter
- combine both the flour, cardamom powder and baking powder in a large bowl
- add oil/melted butter and mix gently. Add the sugar and mix.
- add the chopped plum and mix gently
- take 1/2 cup of milk in a bowl, add vinegar and don't stir it yet. add baking soda and stir gently
- add this mixture to the cake batter and fold quickly.
- pour the batter in the greased pan
- bake at 350F for 35-40 mins or insert a toothpick and check if it comes out clean/crumbly.
- let the cake cool down. Okay now take it out of the pan and dig in with some tea/coffee