This recipe is easy and different from other usual coconut chutney. I am not a big fan of peanut but I started to love it after having this chutney. I make this chutney for idly and dosa.The best thing about this chutney is its creamy even without coconut, which I love the most. Here you go with the recipe!!
- Peanut : 1/2 cup
- Roasted channa dhal : 1 tbsp
- Urad dhal : 1 tbsp
- Green chilli : 5-6
- Ginger : 1 small piece
- Salt : as needed
- Mustard : 1/2 tsp
- Urad dhal : 1 tsp
- Curry leaves : few
- Asafoetida : 1-2 pinches
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Dry roast the peanuts in low flame (ensure that it doesn't burn). Once its is crispy, transfer it to a plate and set aside.Allow it to cool down.
- Meanwhile in the same kadai, add a tsp of oil and roast the urad dhal till golden brown color, then add green chilli fry for a minute.
- Once done, transfer to a plate and allow it to cool down. Now remove the skin of the peanuts completely.
- In a mixer, add the cool down ingredients along with ginger, salt and water. Grind to smooth paste.
- Adjust water consistency to make it smooth and temper it with oil, mustard, urad dhal, curry leaves and asafoetida. Mix well.
- Now chutney is ready to be served with idly or dosa.
- Always remember to heat the kadai and then add the peanuts, roast it evenly.
- Ginger can be replaced with garlic.
- Green chilli can be replaced with red chilli.
- If you want, coconut can also be added.
Linking with the parties