My jewelry organization has always been a shameful mess but definitely not in the recent times. If you had read my DIY Desk organizer post, you would know that my 2014 resolution is just better organization practices. My dangling earrings were saved by this earrings holder project. And now, it is the turn of chains/necklaces for rescue.
I used to store all my necklaces and chains in a jewelry box, which was just not functional. The long chains gets all tangled up that it gets too difficult to untangle. If you are anything like me, you’d rather spend your time on a DIY project for a chain organizer than spend time untangling them.
And so here it is – the most functional way to store your chains/necklaces and I promise you, it’s going to be just a shoestring budget.
Things you will need:
- Cork board – I got them for $3 in my local craft store
- Fabric – I used scrap fabric from my old project.
- Hot Glue Gun or any strong glue
1. Cut the fabric few inches more than the size of the cork board so it is easy to wrap.
2. Wrap the cork board with the fabric of your choice using glue.I used scrap fabric but you can get a fabric that color co-ordinates your jewelry/room.
3. Insert the push pins to the cork board in any pattern. I inserted them in a V like pattern.
4. You can now hang your chains/necklaces and be assured that it will be tangle free.