If you'are anything like me, you're always thinking of ways to add that 'little something' to your living room. We can't always afford to buy that 'little something' from pottery barn or anthropologie.
Why not make your own centerpiece? which is easy, inexpensive and most importantly personalized.
You can customize it completely with your favorite colors and designs.So, what are you waiting for?
Go grab those empty wine bottles and lets have some fun.
What you'll need :
- Spray paint - any color
- Wine/Beer /champagne bottles
- Sharpie/permanent marker - any color
- Start by soaking the bottles in hot soapy water for about 30 mins so that you can peel off the labels easily later. Let them dry.
- Now place the bottles upside down on a cardboard in a well ventilated area.
- Shake the spray paint can well. Spray the bottles top to bottom evenly. Let them dry.
- Check the bottle thoroughly and give them another coat if you have missed any spots.
- Let them dry for 24 hrs and if you like it as it is , stop here.
- or if you want to take it up a notch and add some patterns, go ahead & grab a sharpie and art your heart out.
- Make a henna design, or chevron patterns or spiral patterns, snowflakes,dandelions...OK stop laughing at my creativity quotient.if you have any ideas/tips please share them.
How do you upcycle your wine bottles? Would love to see them :)
Linking this post to :
Serenity Saturday , Weekend Recipe link party My Favorite Things artsy corner link party