Rava Kesari is a popular and delicious Indian sweet yet very easy to make. I think rava kesari doesn't require more intro....Ok let me move on with the recipe :)
- Rava/ Sooji - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1 1/2 cup
- Cashew nut - 6-7 nos
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Kesari Color(food color) - a pinch
- Salt - a pinch
- Heat pan with a tbsp of ghee and fry cashew nut until golden brown color. Transfer it into a bowl and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat rest of the ghee and fry the rava till nice aroma comes. Transfer the mixture into a plate and set aside.
- Add water to the pan and bring it to boil. Add the fried rava to the boiling water and keep stirring simultaneously on medium flame and ensure there are no lumps.
- At this time cook the rava with closed lid. Once done, add the sugar slowly on low flame and stir constantly without getting lumps. Remember at this time you will have few lumps, so don't panic, stir well to mash those lumps.
- When it is done, add a pinch of kesari color, mix well. Then add pinch of salt, cardamom powder and cashew nut, mix well.
- Now hot rava kesari is ready to be served.
- I added a pinch of salt to the kesari to enhance the flavor of sweetness.
- You can also add yellow color to the kesari.
- I added all the ghee while frying the rava. Which will make the rava not stick to pan while cooking.