It was one of those “grumpy for no reason” kinda day! The whole day was just gloomy. Then came home the husband and in no time, there was this magic spell that brightened my day completely! I was all smiles and happy!
Wait, I am talking about a sweet box that he brought along with him :D. The boss at work had given him Milk Pudding as Bakrid treat. Being the ‘no dessert’ guy and umm.. well, let me give him the credit, a sweet husband that he is - he has brought the box for the wife who can eat desserts even as meals.
Sabudana/Sago/Tapioca pearls : 3/4 cup
Water: 2 cups
Milk: 2 cups
Sugar: 5 tbs
Green Cardamom: 4 crushed
Cashews/Raisins/Saffron: as needed
1. Rinse the sabudana until water runs clear.
2. Soak the sabudana in 2 cups water for at least 30 minutes
3. Roast the cashews to golden brown and raisins until plump in ghee.
1. Cook the sabudana with enough water on stove top for about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile heat the milk just until warm.
3. After about 5 minutes, add the heated milk to the sabudana and continue to cook for some more time.
4. Add sugar, cardamom and stir.
5. Keep stirring often to ensure it does not get burnt.
6. Cook until the sabudana pearls are soft and translucent.You know it is done when the pearls are soft upon crushing it with fingertips.It took around 30 minutes for me.
7. Turn off once cooked. Add cashews and raisins.
8. Garnish with saffron.
9. Serve hot/warm/cold although I prefer refrigerating it before serving so it gets denser and all creamy.