Winter and my skin are not exactly good friends. I am sure those of you with dry skin will agree with me on that. And for people like me who do not have much of a proper skin care routine, it can be a real pain. To be honest, it is not just winters, but my skin is dry all year round and no matter how much water I drink, it still remains a desert.
One of my New Year’s resolution for 2015 is better personal care routine. So I am trying to get into an easy and simple routine for hair and skin.
It need not be going to a salon for an expensive spa or facial (although, it feels great to be pampered by someone). It need not always be buying expensive beauty products.
But do you know you can have your own facial treatments at the comfort of your home with products readily available in your kitchen?
It is not about skin lightening. It is not about fairness. It is not about skin whitening. But it is all about keeping your skin healthy and giving it the care it deserves. Healthy skin is what that really matters.
So, what are you waiting for? Go to your kitchen right now and get yourself pampered. IT is not only inexpensive but is also a natural and healthier option. These are more suited to dry skin tones although it may work for oily skin tones.You can do these once a week rotating them between weeks.
- Besan/Gram/Chickpea flour: This is the most popular among Indian moms. Be it any big event, my mom would suggest this face pack for me and trust me, it does wonders. Just mix few teaspoons of the flour with milk to form a thick paste. Apply it on your face. Wash it off after 15 minutes or after it is completely dry. This can be used on dry/oily/combination skin
- Olive Oil/Coconut oil: This is more suited for dry skin. Massage your skin with oil before bath. Take bath in warm/cold water after 15 minutes or so. Hot water draws out the oil leaving your skin more dry
- Almonds: Soak few almonds (around 5 to 6) overnight. Peel the skin and grind, Mix with milk and apply on face. Wash off after 15 minutes. This nourishes your skin and prevents dryness.
- Carrots: Boil a carrot in little water. Allow it to cool and grind to a paste. Apply on face. Wash off when it is dry.
- Honey: It can be used as a great moisturizer. Apply honey all over your face. Wash it off with warm water after 15 minutes.
So that is it.
Quick and easy ways to keep your skin healthy and happy. No complex formulas. No time consuming procedures. I hope it is simple enough to suit any busy women.
As always, these are few things that works for my skin. All skin types are different and use your judgement to refrain from using what you think may be allergic to your skin.
Happy skin makes every girl look all the more beautiful. Happy pampering!
Let us know if you would like to know more such tips for hair and skin.