We all love potatoes, don't we? I often prepare potato fry but was wondering why we haven't posted this simple recipe in our blog. Potato fry is an unbeatable combination when had with rasam or curd rice. It goes well with other rice dishes like sambar, coconut, lemon rice or bisi bele bath.
There are 'N' number of potato recipes but this is a simple and basic potato recipe for a lazy day in your kitchen ;)
- Potato - 3-4
- Sambar powder - 2tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1tsp
- Urad dhal - 1/2tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves - few
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - as needed
- Peel the skin off potatoes and cut into small strips.
- Now transfer the cut potatoes into a bowl of water. This is to avoid the decolouration of potatoes.
- In a pan heat oil, temper with mustard seeds, urad dhal, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Then add turmeric powder, sambar powder and salt. Mix well.
- Roast the potatoes in medium flame for about 10-15 minutes. Saute in between to avoid burning.
- Potato fry is ready to be served with rice of your choice.
- You can replace sambar powder with red chilli powder.
- If you are immersing in water, drain the excess water and pat dry them with kitchen towel before using.