Hey guys, long time no crafts!!
I know, I know!! But here we are with a great idea to upcycle your shoebox/perfume box lid.
I'm sure you all have plenty of spare shoeboxes lying in the closet, get them out let's give them a beautiful makeover.. If you don't have any, what you waiting for?
Time for new pair of shoes or a perfume ;)
Isn't it great to reuse these boxes/lids, give them a new life and spruce up the bland walls with these inexpensive custom wall art? We have a couple of canvases hanging on the wall and this one looks almost like one of those. Looks great, if I may say so myself *smug face*
You'll need a box/lid which has a neat finish, sturdy and looks best if the edges are canvas-alike, say around 1 inch(refer pic)
Here's what you'll need :
- shoe/perfume box lid
- a photo of your choice/ old calender sheets/ fabric/decorative paper
- glue/mod podge
- paint/duct tape (to cover the edges)
- Start by the cutting the photo (or calender sheet or fabric whichever you are using) large enough to cover the lid.
- Apply the glue on top of the lid and place the photo, smoothing out the bubbles and wrinkles.
- For the edges, you can either paint them with the suitable color, or I just happen to have matching duct tape. I just had to stick it all over the edges.
- Since it's really light weight, I just hung it using the board pin.. That's it.. You're all set!
If you like this, you might like these too.. check out few other upcycling, trash to treasure ideas, cheap decor ideas..
Upcycled Wine bottles
DIY Cherry Blossom decor
Personalized Fridge Magnet
3 ways to reuse your old jeans
DIY Goodie bag
Personalized coffee mug
Bag from tank top ( no cut, no sew)
Top to skirt ( no cut, no sew)
Hearth n soul blog hop Inspiration Monday Link Party My Favorite Things Link party 106