My husband and I have pasta once or twice a week as we both love it. I like the combination of pasta and spinach always, they go well with each other. My hubby loves pasta and I have seen him enjoying marinara sauce pasta at the restaurant but I love white sauce based pasta. I have already tried and posted vegetable pasta which we love the most. Last week when I made this spinach pasta he loved it so much, that he was quietly digging in without telling a word ;). Any bachelor can try making this! Kids will surely love this too <3.
- Pasta (elbow pasta) - 1cup
- Baby Spinach - 2cups
- Garlic (finely chopped)- 1tbsp
- Parmesan grated - 2-3tbsp
- Milk 2% - 1/4cup
- Chilli flakes - 2tsp
- Onion (finely chopped) - 2tbsp
- Green chillies - 2
- Salt as needed
- Olive oil as needed
- Cook pasta with salt, olive oil, till soft, as per the packing instructions. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Remove the leaves off the stem and wash them.
- Heat a pan with oil in medium flame, add garlic and fry for a second without burning.
- Then add onion, green chilli, saute in medium flame for about 2-3 minutes. Add spinach, fry till it reduces in quantity. Mix well.
- Now add pasta, mix well then add grated parmesan along with milk. Give it a quick toss. Cook for 1 minute not more than that, because the milk may curdle.
- Finally add chilli flakes, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Serve it hot with your choice of bread. While serving add grated cheese and chilli flakes.
- You can also use normal spinach.
- You can use half n half instead of milk.