Monday, September 8, 2014

Coconut Thogayal

Okay! I admit - I am lazy and I know it!  Please don’t tell me you don’t have those days - when all you want is lie on the couch and watch your favorite show on Netflix all day. The last thing I would want to hear on such days would be “What’s for dinner?” Come, on! You got to be kidding me. Pause my TV, get off the couch and prepare a fancy dinner? Gimme a break!

We have all been there and done that, right? No? Then you can very well call me a ‘couch potato’. I am proud to be one ‘cause doing nothing is really hard to do … you never know when you are finished!

But you got to do what you got to do. I mean, eat!

So I have few recipes that can help you on such days, like this mint thogayal that I posted a while ago.And now it is coconut thogayal !! It can be your best friend if prepared in advance but even if not, it is insanely simple.


Ingredients:

Urad Dhal : 4 tsp
Red Chili : 5- 6 (adjust to taste)
Grated coconut : 1 cup
Asafoetida : 1/4 tsp
Tamarind paste : 1/4 tsp or cherry sized pulp
Salt : as needed
Oil - as needed

Method

1. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and roast urad dhal,red chili and asafoetida till the urad dhal changes color. Make sure they don't get burnt.

2. Grind the above mixture along with coconut,tamarind and salt to a thick paste using little water.

You can enjoy this along with white rice or use it as a side for your regular meal.

I guess I should soon start a series - 'Lazy Day Cooking' for all my lazy friends out there and together let us embrace laziness ! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like it? Don't be a silent reader ;) leave a comment

Privacy Policy