Rava Ladoo/Laddu has evolved into ubiquitous Indian sweet over several decades. These are melt-in-mouth treats made from ghee roasted semolina, coconut & milk and studded with crispy golden cashews and raisins. Like besan ladoo, rava ladoo is also very easy to make and a perfect festive sweet recipe for Diwali, Ganesh chathurti and other festivals & occasions.
Ingredients makes 15 laddus
- rava/ semolina/sooji - 1 cup
- ghee - 1/4 cup
- grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- sugar - 3/4 cup
- cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- milk - 1/4 cup
- cashews & raisins - a handful
Note - Keep the flame low throughout the process
- Heat a tbsp of ghee in a pan and add cashew & raisins. Remove it when the cashew turns golden brown. Keep it in a bowl.
- Now roast grated coconut and cardamom powder for 2 minutes. Transfer to the bowl .
- Add the remaining ghee and roast rava until the aroma begins to waft. Transfer rava to the bowl.
- Add sugar and mix well. Slowly add warm milk to the mixture.
- When the mixture is warm enough to handle, make it into balls/laddus.
- If you are not able to gather it into a ball, sprinkle some more milk and try again
- Since we have used milk & coconut, shelf life is less (1 week - 10 days)
- Store it in a air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- Heat for 2 seconds in microwave before you eat for juicier laddu.
- You can add water instead of milk to increase the shelf life of ladoos to another 5 days.