Today’s recipe is a guest post by Kristin, a writer for Marie Callender’s and other ConAgra brands. She resides in Chicago and enjoys trying new recipes on the weekends. Her favorite dishes include poached eggs in the morning, throw-whatever-is-in-the-fridge salads for lunch and vegetable-heavy stir fries for dinner.She's always on the hunt for unexpected yet delicious food combinations.
Hope everyone had a relaxing Labor Day weekend. I welcome September with a countdown to the first day of fall—20 more days! When the temperature starts to drop, I’ll start pulling out my sweaters and riding boots from last year, admiring the leaves changing colors on my evening walks and cooking dishes to warm me up. A recipe at the top of my fall cooking list is an easy vegetable chili. It only takes about 35 minutes to make and requires just one pan! Hope you enjoy.
Easy Vegetable Chili
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup green bell pepper,chopped
- 1 small zucchini,stemmed and diced
- 1 can (15 oz.) Marie Callender's® Homestyle Vegetable Soup
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes,drained
- 1 can (16 oz.) beans in chili seasoned sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cooked brown rice
1. Heat canola oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add chopped bell pepper and diced zucchini; cook for four minutes and stir occasionally.
3. Pour in remaining ingredients except the brown rice.
4. Once boiling, reduce to a medium-low heat and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Cover the saucepan and stir occasionally.
5. When ready to serve, add cooked brown rice to the bottom of the bowls and add the chili. Enjoy!